2 weeks left to enter
SYFY & EXPERIENCE KISSIMMEE WANTS TO SEND YOU TO ORLANDO!
Competition closes on Wednesday 31 January 2018, 23:45
Enter for the chance to win a trip to Florida, for you and 3 guests (aged 21 or over), including return flights to Orlando, Florida, 6 nights’ accommodation in a Global Resort Home villa located in Champions. We will also include a ‘Universal Orlando™ 3 Park Explorer Ticket’ for the winner and three of their guests to explore Universal Orlando Resort’s three theme parks - Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal's Islands of Adventure™ theme parks, plus Universal's Volcano Bay™ water theme park, and we’ll also throw in tickets to Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando Resort™ – see T&Cs for full prize details here.
You could win a 6-night trip for FOUR including:
Roundtrip airfare to Orlando, Florida
6 nights’ accommodation in a Global Resort Home Villa
‘Universal Orlando™ 3 Park Explorer Tickets’ for Winner and each of Winner’s Companions that entitles admission to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ theme parks
Tickets to Blue Man Group at Universal Orlando Resort™
© 2018 BMP. Universal elements and all related indicia TM & © 2018 Universal Studios. All rights reserved
To win, answer the question(s) belowAll competitions are subject to our standard online Terms and Conditions
Terms & conditions
The Librarians Season 4 Competition - Win a trip to Florida.
Terms and Conditions
Last updated: 08 January 2018
“Competition”: The Librarians Season 4 Competition - Win a trip to Florida.
“Website”:http://www.syfy.co.uk/competitions “Minimum Age”: 21.
“Prize”: A trip to Florida for one (1) Winner and up to three (3) companions who must be aged 21 or over (“Companion(s)”); trip must be taken within the Travel Period and will consist of the following elements:
• Return economy class flights (Winner and Companion(s) must travel together), from an airport in the United Kingdom (to be decided at Promoter’s sole discretion) to Orlando International Airport; flights are to be taken during the Travel Period.
• Six (6) night’s accommodation in a Global Resort Home villa located in Champions Gate Resort, Kissimmee (“Villa”) provided by Experience Kissimmee.
• For the avoidance of doubt, transport between the airport(s), the Villa and/or the theme parks will be the Winner and their Companion(s) sole responsibility.
• A ‘Universal Orlando 3 Park Explorer Ticket’ for Winner and each of Winner’s Companions that entitles admission to Universal Studios Florida™, Universal’s Islands of Adventure™ and Universal’s Volcano Bay™ theme parks during normal operating hours for the duration of Winner’s trip within the Travel Period (“Theme Park Tickets”).
• Admission for Winner and each of Winner’s Companions to one (1) Blue Man Group Show during the Travel Period (exact date and time to be determined by Universal Orlando in their sole discretion) (“Show Tickets”).
“Travel Period”: The Prize must be fulfilled between 31 January 2018 and 31 January 2019 (subject to the blackout dates below) or the Prize will be forfeited:
• 16 February 2018 – 28 April 2018
• 11 June 2018 – 15 August 15 2018
• 24 November 2018 – 30 November 30 2018
• 21 December 21 2018 – 03 January 2019
Travel, arrangement and fulfilment of the Prize will be handled by Promoter in consultation with the Winner and subject to availability.
“Starting Time”: 06:00:00 (GMT) on 20 December 2017. “Closing Time”: 23:45:00 (GMT) on 31 January 2018. “Selection Period”: From Closing Time until three (3) clear days after Closing Time (inclusive).
“Notification Period”: From Closing Time until six (6) clear days after Closing Time (inclusive).
“Response Deadline”: Seven (7) clear days from the date that Winner is notified, as per the Notification Period (see paragraph 8 below).
Please note Winner and Companion(s), within the Response Deadline, must provide passport and all other relevant details requested by Client to facilitate the Prize. If Winner and Companion(s) do not comply with this requirement a different Winner will be selected at Promoter’s discretion.
“Delivery Timescale”: Prize fulfilment dates shall be as per the Prize description, above.
“Prize Conditions”: The following conditions apply:
• Once the travel dates have been booked, they cannot be changed.
• It is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to familiarise themselves with and ensure that they satisfy all entry and exit requirements of the travel destination (including without limitation a requirement to hold a valid machine readable passport (in some cases with a specified amount of time left on the passport before its expiry date and/or with a specified number of unstamped pages), visa, ESTA and/or any other documentation).
• Travel insurance is not included; it will be the responsibility of the Winner and their Companion(s) to secure travel insurance if so required.
• Prize consists only of the elements set out in these Terms and Conditions; no other elements or expenses (including without limitation insurance, unspecified meals, unspecified transportation, excursion, attractions, unspecified phone calls, gratuities, incidentals, souvenirs, fuel etc.) are included in the Prize and all such expenses are the sole responsibility of the Winner and their Companion(s).
• If Winner is unable to fulfil the Prize during the Travel Period, the Prize will be forfeited and Winner shall not be eligible to nay alternative prize or any compensations.
• All elements of the Prize must be taken at the same time.
“Entry Mechanics”: Participants must correctly answer a question on the Promoter’s Website.
“Entry Limit”: One (1) entry per person only.
By entering the Competition on the Website, you acknowledge and agree that you accept and will be bound by the following terms and conditions (“T&Cs”) relating to the Competition.
1. PROMOTER: The promoter of the Competition is Sci-Fi Channel Europe LLC (“Promoter”), a company registered in Delaware with UK establishment number BR003277 and whose UK establishment address is at 1 Central St Giles, St Giles High Street, London WC2H 8NU (“Registered Office”). If you have any questions or concerns in relation to the Competition, you can write to the Promoter at the Registered Office or email the Promoter at firstname.lastname@example.org marking your letter or email for the attention of the Syfy UK Marketing Team and giving the name of the Competition and details of the question or concern.
2. ELIGIBILITY: (a) AGE Entrants must be the Minimum Age or over. (b) RESIDENCE Entrants must be legally resident in the Territory. (c) EMPLOYEES The following entities or persons are not eligible to enter the Competition: (i) any employee or agent of the Promoter and their immediate families and household members; (ii) any employee of any entity within the same corporate group as the Promoter; (iii) any person who is, and any employee of any entity which is, involved in any way with the organisation, management, promotion and/or administration of the Competition, including without limitation any persons or entities providing the Prize. (d) EMAIL ADDRESS Entrants must have a valid email account to enter the Competition. (e) INELIGIBLE ENTRIES The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion at any time to (i) ask any entrant for proof that they satisfy any and all applicable eligibility requirements and to (ii) disqualify an entrant from the Competition in accordance with paragraph 8 below if, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, that entrant has not proved to the Promoter that they satisfy any and all eligibility requirements for the Competition.
3. DATES: The Competition starts at the Starting Time and closes at the Closing Time. Any entries received before the Competition opens and/or after the Closing Time (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason) will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Proof of sending an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of that entry and the computer of the individual administering the Competition on behalf of the Promoter will be the official timekeeper for all matters relating to the Competition.
4. ENTRY: (a) GENERAL Entrants must follow the Competition instructions set out on the Website (“Competition Instructions”) to enter. Once an entry is submitted, it cannot be amended in any way. The Promoter will not accept entries which (i) do not comply with the Competition Instructions and/or these T&Cs and/or (ii) entries which, in the reasonable opinion of the Promoter, are illegible, unviewable, indecipherable, inaudible, incomplete, incomprehensible, damaged and/or otherwise defective (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). By using the Website to enter the Competition, entrants agree that they are also bound by the Website terms and conditions athttp://www.syfy.co.uk/terms-and-conditions (b) MULTIPLE, AUTOMATED AND MACHINE ASSISTED ENTRIES The number of times an entrant may enter the Competition is restricted to the Entry Limit and entrants may not submit more entries than the number specified as the Entry Limit. Where the Entry Limit limits the number of entries on a “per day” basis, the day will start at 00:00:01 (GMT) and will end at 23:59:59 (GMT). Any entries made by an entrant in excess of the Entry Limit will be invalid and will not be entered into the Competition. Entrants are not permitted to enter as part of a syndicate or on behalf of any other person or entity. The authorised holder of the email account used to enter the Competition will be deemed to be the Competition entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, in accordance with paragraph 8 below, any entries which, in the Promoter’s reasonable opinion, appear to be multiple (in violation of the Entry Limit), bulk, automated, machine assisted, third party, syndicate and/or other group entries. (c) LOST ENTRIES The Promoter has no liability for any entry that is not received by the Promoter (whether due to human error on the part of the entrant, technical issues, network congestion and/or for any other reason). Proof of sending an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of that entry. (d) WEBSITE ACCESS The Promoter does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to the Website and/or the Competition page on the Website and has no liability for any technical issues whatsoever encountered by entrants to the Competition.
5. SELECTION OF WINNER: Within the Selection Period, the Promoter will randomly select one Competition winner (“Winner”) from the pool of entrants who are eligible to be entered into the random prize draw. The pool of entrants will be made up of all entrants who satisfy the eligibility requirements and the other rules, requirements and instructions set out in these T&Cs and the Competition Instructions and have not otherwise been disqualified from the Competition pursuant to these T&Cs. The random selection of the Winner will be made by (i) a computer process that produces verifiably random results, (ii) by an independent person, (iii) under the supervision of an independent person and/or (iv) in accordance with any other requirements of the laws and regulations applicable to the Competition in the Territory. Provided that the Promoter complies with these T&Cs and (where applicable) ensures that any independent selection process complies with these T&Cs, the selection of the Winner is final and binding and no correspondence relating to selection of the Winner will be entered into by the Promoter.
6. PRIZE: (a) GENERAL The Winner will win the Prize. The Prize is strictly non-transferable, non-exchangeable and may not be re-sold. No cash or any other alternative is available for the Prize. All elements of the Prize must be redeemed at the same time and, once redeemed, no changes will be permitted. If the Prize or a portion thereof becomes unavailable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute it with a prize that the Promoter reasonably deems to be of at least the same value. The Prize does not include and/or cover any costs, taxes, fees, expenses and/or arrangements (including without limitation those connected with security and airport fees and taxes, insurance, fuel, excursions, attractions, treatments, spending money, meals, drinks, phone calls, gratuities, souvenirs, visa costs and vaccinations) not expressly specified in the Prize description (“Ancillary Costs”). The Winner is solely responsible for any and all Ancillary Costs and the Promoter is not liable to reimburse a Winner for any Ancillary Costs they incur. The Promoter makes no representation or warranty in relation to the Prize and, to the fullest extent permissible by law, the Promoter will have no liability to the Winner in relation to the Prize, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise. The Promoter will have no liability in respect of the Prize if it is lost or stolen following delivery. Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, Universal Orlando and their associated companies and agents exclude responsibility and all liabilities arising from any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the Theme Park Tickets and Show Tickets beyond Universal Orlando’s control and for any act or default of any third party supplier. (b) TRAVEL INSURANCE Unless otherwise specified in the Prize description, the Prize does not include travel insurance and it is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to take out such insurance and the Promoter will not have any liability for any failure by the Winner and/or their companion(s) to take out such insurance. If the Prize description specifies that the Prize does include travel insurance, the Winner and their companion(s) must provide the Promoter and/or the applicable insurance company with full, accurate and honest responses to any information requests in connection with obtaining appropriate travel insurance and must comply with the terms and conditions of the applicable travel insurance policy. The Promoter is not liable if the Winner and/or their companion(s) are not for any reason able to obtain appropriate travel insurance or if the Winner and/or their companion(s) do anything or omit to do anything which invalidates the travel insurance cover. (c) TRANSFERS Unless otherwise specified in the Prize description, the Winner and their companion(s) are solely responsible for ground transportation to and from the departure and destination airports. (d) COMPANION If the Prize description provides for the Winner to be accompanied by a companion or companions, their companion(s) must be aged 21 or over and must travel at the same time as the Winner on the same itinerary (unless otherwise specified in the Prize description). Promoter is not liable if the Winner is not accompanied by a companion or companions when permitted to be so and the Winner shall not be entitled to any compensation (monetary or otherwise) if the Winner is not accompanied by any permitted companion(s). (e) TRAVEL DATES The Prize must taken within the Travel Period, the Winner and any companion(s) must be able to travel during the Travel Period and no extension to the Travel Period will be made available. If the Winner does not take the Prize during the Travel Period then the Prize will be forfeited and Promoter will not be liable and shall not be required to provide the Winner and/or their companion(s) with any compensation (monetary or otherwise). (f) THIRD PARTY T&Cs: The Prize is also subject to, and the Winner and any companion must comply with, the terms, conditions, rules, regulations and requirements of any travel agency, airline, hotel, theme park, and other supplier providing elements of the Prize (“Third Party Requirements”) and it is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to familiarise themselves with any applicable Third Party Requirements. The Promoter is not liable if the Winner and/or their companion(s) fail to comply with any applicable Third Party Requirements. Universal Orlando’s standard venue terms and conditions apply to access the theme parks and use of the tickets and passes and Universal Orlando may require the winner and their Companion(s) to sign a release. If the winner does not agree to these terms and conditions, they may be refused access to the parks or forfeit this element of the Prize. (g) TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS The Winner and their companion(s) must make their travel arrangements through the Promoter or Promoter’s designated agent (as applicable) and use the carriers and providers selected by the Promoter or its designated agent. The trip must be booked at least 60 days before the intended departure date. Reservations are subject to availability and, once issued, tickets are non-transferable and may not be reissued. Open tickets may not be issued and stop-overs are not permitted. The Winner and any Companion(s) must follow the itinerary provided by the Promoter or its designated agent and no diversions from the itinerary are permitted. It is the responsibility of the Winner and their Companion(s) to familiarise themselves with and ensure that they satisfy all entry and exit requirements of the travel destination (including without limitation a requirement to hold a valid machine readable passport (in some cases with a specified amount of time left on the passport before its expiry date and/or with a specified number of unstamped pages), visa, ESTA and/or any other documentation). Promoter is not liable if the Winner and/or their Companion(s) is/are refused entry to or exit from the travel destination because they do not hold the necessary documentation and/or do not satisfy the travel destination’s entry or exit requirements and the Winner and their companion(s) are solely responsible for any costs associated with refused entry or exit. It is the responsibility of the Winner and their companion(s) to check any government travel advisories relating to the travel destination and to determine what action (if any) to take in relation to any such advisories. Promoter is not liable if the Winner and their Companion(s) do not check whether any relevant advisories have been issued, if they choose to travel despite the advice given in any relevant advisory or if they choose not to travel on the advice given in any relevant advisory (in which case Promoter will not be obliged to provide any compensation (monetary or otherwise) to the Winner and their Companion(s)). It is the responsibility of the Winner and their Companion(s) to establish whether any vaccinations and/or prescription medicines are recommended prior to travel to the travel destination and Promoter is not are liable if the Winner and their Companion(s) fail to make such checks or do not follow any advice received having made such checks.
7. PRIZE CONFIRMATION AND ACCEPTANCE: (a) CONFIRMATION Within the Notification Period, the Promoter will notify the Winner that they have won the Prize by sending an email, or a call if phone number has been provided by Winner (“Prize Notification”) to the email address (“Email Address”) or phone number where applicable provided by the Winner at the time of entering the Competition or at the time of registration on the Website (as applicable). (b) ACCEPTANCE The Promoter must receive a response (“Response”) from the Winner to the Prize Notification by no later than the Response Deadline. The Response must be sent to the Promoter in accordance with the instructions contained in the Prize Notification and must include any information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification (including without limitation any information requested by the Promoter to prove that the Winner satisfies the Competition eligibility requirements) and the Prize will not be released to the Winner unless and until all such information has been received by the Promoter. If, prior to the Response Deadline, (i) the Promoter does not receive a Response, (ii) the Response received by the Promoter does not include all information requested by the Promoter in the Prize Notification and/or (iii) the Promoter is unable to contact the Winner at the Email Address, the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Prize forfeited and may, in its sole discretion, select another winner. Proof of sending a Response does not constitute proof of receipt of the Response. Subject to Promoter receiving a Response and all information requested by the Promoter prior to the Response Deadline, the Prize will be delivered to the Winner in accordance with the Delivery Timescale.
8. DISQUALIFICATION: The Promoter is entitled in its sole discretion at any time to disqualify any entrant and/or any individual entry from the Competition without any liability on the Promoter’s part if (i) that entrant and/or entry fails to comply with these T&Cs and/or the Competition requirements in any way and/or (ii) the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that that entrant has acted fraudulently, dishonestly, inappropriately and/or improperly in connection with the Competition. Without limitation, if the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that any entry has been generated by a script, software, macro or other automated means then the Promoter will be entitled to disqualify that entry and the relevant entrant in accordance with this paragraph. If a disqualified entrant is the Winner, the Promoter has the right to deem the Prize forfeited and, if the Prize has already been delivered to the Winner, the Promoter shall be entitled to recover the Prize from the Winner at the Winner’s cost.
9. PUBLICITY: The Winner and their Companion(s) may be required by the Promoter to participate in publicity in connection with the Competition, their Prize and/or the Promoter and by entering the Competition all entrants agree that if they win the Competition they will, participate in and cooperate with the Promoter in connection with any publicity activity reasonably requested by the Promoter. Entrants acknowledge and agree that copyright in any publicity materials in which they and/or their details appear is the property of the Promoter and that the Promoter will be entitled to exploit such publicity materials in any and all media throughout the world in any manner it deems fit.
10. WINNER’S PERSONAL DATA: The Promoter reserves the right to publish in all media and to disclose to third parties the Winner’s first name, surname and area of residence (“Winner’s Data”). The Winner’s Data can be obtained by sending a written request to the Registered Office marked for the attention of the The Syfy UK Marketing Team, stating the name of the Competition and enclosing a stamped self-addressed envelope.
12. CANCELLATION AND AMENDMENT: The Promoter reserves the right to cancel, postpone and/or amend the Competition and/or these T&Cs at any time without prior notice if any unforeseen circumstances or circumstances beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control make it reasonably necessary or prudent to do so.
13. BEHAVIOUR: Winners and their Companion(s) must not engage in any inappropriate, illegal, dangerous and/or immoral behaviour, must not use excessive alcohol, artificial stimulants, chemical substances and/or any illegal drugs and must not act in any other manner that may bring the Promoter into disrepute (“Inappropriate Behaviour”). If any Winner engages in any Inappropriate Behaviour, the Promoter reserves the right to deem the Prize (or any Prize element remaining unused at the time of the Inappropriate Behaviour) forfeited and the Promoter is not liable in any way for the consequences of any Inappropriate Behaviour, including without limitation any costs and/or expenses incurred by a Winner as a result of the Inappropriate Behaviour and the forfeiting of the Prize in whole or in part.
14. SEVERABILITY: If any part of these T&Cs is be determined to be illegal, void and/or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, then such part shall be severed and deleted, to the extent of such illegality, invalidity or unenforceability, and the remaining parts of these T&Cs shall remain in full force and shall continue to be binding and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law.
15. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES: These T&Cs do not create any right or benefit enforceable by any person not a party to them (within the meaning of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999).
16. JURISDICTION: These T&Cs shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and the Promoter and all entrants to the Competition submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
17. UNIVERSAL ORLANDO PRIZE PROVIDER: Universal City Development Partners, Ltd. doing business as Universal Orlando Resort (“Universal Orlando”) is a prize provider of the Theme Park Tickets and Show Tickets only in this Competition; is not a sponsor or promoter of this Competition; and is not responsible for the administration of the Competition, the collection of the entries or the conduct of the Winner’s selection. Any disputes, claims, and causes of action against Universal Orlando arising out of or relating to any person’s use of or participation in the Theme Park Tickets and Show Tickets portion of the Prize shall be resolved by applying the laws of Florida, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in state or federal courts within Orange County, Florida. Such claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and all such claims shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event to include attorneys’ fees.